Dave jackson

sound like only one 120 leg is working to me also, grab the voltmeter and
check the outlet.. By the way, when you switched it to 220 did it perform
better? I have the 18" jet also, (still on 115v). Love the saw, just a
little underpowered. Just wondering if the switch to 220 would help with
this.

"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message
I have a Jet 18" bandsaw with a 1 1/2 hp motor. The motor is wired for

220v.
It starts and runs, but placing even the slightest load on it slows it

down
dramatically, then blows the breaker. This is a brand new behavior. When

turn the blade by hand, it moves smoothly and easily. I'm going to try

another
blade in case this one is dull, but haven't yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Doug