pyotr filipivich

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what jim rozen
foisted 17 Aug 2004 19:28:33 -0700 on
rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:

And what kind of 'left over cash' do health insurance companies
have? No *wonder* there's a healthcare 'crisis' in the US, the
guys in charge are taking the money and playing the ponies with
it!

LOL.

Apparently the idea that there might be surpluses in the cash flow
cycle seems to have escaped you. That is, premiums do not come into the
office at the same pace as the bills,invoices and claims. Some days, there
is more cash on hand than 'bills' to pay. So what do the prudent person
with fiduciary responsibility do? It seems you believe the Insurance
Companies just put the extra case in a wicker basket and allow any of the
directors and senior managers to just grab some before going to the track.
Maybe that's what your insurance company does, but the ones I'm dealing
with tend to try to not only cut costs, but put the "idle" cash to work
making some money for the company.

--
pyotr filipivich