tom_mc_h

(Ian) wrote in message . com...
My weller soldering station failed yesterday for the first time in
years. I am not getting any heat. I would get the heater is out but is
there a way to confirm what the problem is so I can try and track down
some parts.

Looking at the soldering pencil apart on my desk, which part is the
heater and which part is the temperautre switch? I am guessing that
the barrel is the heater element but I am really not sure.

Take Care all.

Assuming that the 24 volts is ok from the base - and the connector is
doing its job - I often cure the no heat problem by removing the
sleeve and pulling the tip (cool of course) in and out several times.
You should be able to feel the switch actuate in the handle and that
little bit of exercise usually gets the switch working again.