Larry Jaques

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 05:46:54 GMT, "Mike Hide"
calmly ranted:

I am in the middle of making a couple of Chippendale repro wing chairs . The
frames will be good quality [for me at least] in white oak with exposed wood
in mahogany.

In passing, I checked on quality upholstery and about passed out when I was
confronted with prices . So I am going to get into the subject so I can do
my own upholstery. I would be interested in any recommended good texts on
the subject. thanks ....mjh

I felt the same way and found several tomes at the library. The
best of the bunch was W. Lloyd Gheen's "Upolstery Techniques
Illustrated". I liked it so much I bought a copy from half.com.
Second (I believe) was "Upholstery, a complete course : chairs,
sofas, ottomans, screens, and stools", which had more info on
frames in it.

Upholstery style is a very personal thing, so look through all
the books your library has on the subject. You'll find the one
which "talks to you" on that personal level.

Unfortunately, the term "Homo Sapiens" is a goal, not a description.
----
http://www.diversify.com Web Design for YOUR Business!