JK

Default Grill element

Just moved into a new house, and the swine failed to inform me of the
brokeness of the grill. Now, the element is a bit bent so I suspect it
will be the culprit. It looks like it will just unscrew, but there are
only two tests I can think of doing with my multimeter:

1) is the element open circuit? - if so, it's broke. If not, what should
its resistance be?

2) do the teminals supply volts? - if not, further investigation
required (aka a trip to Comet I suspect).

Any other suggestions, or am I on the right lines?

And... best place to get a new element? I found one for £20 delivered
from http://shop.ezee-fix.co.uk/index.html but I can't find a model
number on the rather old oven. The one they supply *looks* right, and is
for a single oven AEG, but I don't have anything to go on. Do they tend
to be standard in terms of their power rating / output?

Many thanks,

john