David Hall

otforme (Charlie Self) wrote in message ...
Leon responds:

Oh you know, that pesky constitution and all.

Well you know, if that pesky constitution were perfect, there would not have
been any laws written since. It is not a know all solve all solution and
can be interpreted numerous ways.

Uh, no, not so. The pesky Constitution was written to provide a basis for
future laws. In 220 years, give or take, there have been very few changes to
the document. And our founding fathers made it exceptionally difficult to
change specifically to protect if from people who would prefer to ignore
certain aspects, or to change them to suit their, or a locally fashionable,
whim.

Charlie Self

.....and yet the Supreme Court does just that on a regular basis. An
Oligarchy of 9 folks appointed for life that can make laws by
decree...and we pretend to be a nation of law, not men. BTW if you are
on the more liberal side you can decry the Oligarchy decreeing the
"appointment" of our current President. On the more conservative side,
the Oligarchy "found" by decree a right to murde..ahhhh abort your
bab...ahhh fetus. So this isn't just a left-right diatribe (although
from the emphasis added to the preceding you can easily guess which
way I lean).

Dave Hall