Larry Jaques

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:00:22 -0500, Australopithecus scobis
calmly ranted:

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:18:22 -0400, Bill Rogers wrote:

Just a guess, since I've not seen that type of dovetail, but couldn't
you do the rabbet first?

Kirby does the rabbet first, before the pins&tails. I'm quibbling with the
choice of tool to do it. I am now completely convinced by the astute
observations of other responders: Yes, I do need a minty rabbet plane. Oh,
look, the LV catalog is right here beside me... Oh, my.

That or do like I did and buy a shaggy old Stanley off *b*y
for $15 or $20. Better yet, have the Veritas plane sent to
me and I'll send you a pre-tuned, less-shaggy Stanley in trade.
Yeah, that's much better. Got my address?

Unfortunately, the term "Homo Sapiens" is a goal, not a description.
----
http://www.diversify.com Web Design for YOUR Business!