FrancisJK

Default "Goin 4 D Big 1 Hughie" - Boiler

Greetings and Felicitations, O Great Ones!

First see earlier threads:

Back boiler. Stiff nipple screw?!

"We have Lift-off!" Sealed CH System.

Looks like we will be taking the plunge so to speak and changing our boiler
sooner rather than latter.

Requirements:

3 bedrooms, bathroom, DHW cylinder.

Dining room (Double Rad), Parlour/Sitting Room (DoubleRad), Kitchen.

Due to some little know kitchen design regulation the kitchen "must have a
kick-space radiator". There is no appeal against this W.S.

Last year I did my heating calculations using u-values and all that good
stuff from Rocky Prescott's site.

So I think the Rads are speced correctly.

Bed rooms on Zone 2

Downstairs zone 1

DHW (Own zone0

Seperate 3/4" (Yes, we still use Imperial system) flow and return to Kitchen
laid in.

bathroom on when any zone on.

At the moment we have a Baxi Bermuda 552. (BBU and fire front) in dining
room

Now the problem/challenge?!

The new boiler and its location.

We will probably go condensing. No gas fire in fire place. (I'm Googleing
past threads at mo)

All my improvements are beside chimney brest: pump, valves ,programmer etc,
in a specially built cupboard.

So location for boiler?

Have read Ed's faqs and other stuff.

Francis