Peter Parry

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:15:49 GMT, Sapient Fridge
wrote:

I could put windows along the wall facing my neighbours garage but that
would look ugly and I suspect I might run foul of planning regs for
putting windows which look onto the neighbours property (even if all the
window faces is a brick wall). The only other thing I can think of is
to bring the glass all the way down to near the floor but I don't
particularly want to do that as I don't think it would look as good.

Someone I know had a similar situation - they built it with windows
facing the neighbour to meet the regulations and then put up
"shutters" (rather nice faced boards) over the windows inside and out
immediately afterwards. They had told the neighbour what they
intended to do beforehand so there were no complaints about
overlooking them.
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/