JerryL

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Replace broken slates when they fail not every three years. Unless it is
cracking or deteriorating keep it . Valleys fail first but can be
fixed. Removing the slate will lower your house value. Slate maintained,
if good slate will last hundreds of years. Slate roofs cost a small
fortune.

I am asking the following just out of curiousity. I see you answering
technical questions in many of the fields of home repair. Can you give us a
little background as to how you obtained your expertise? If I am expected to
take your advice I'd like to know that you are qualified. This is not meant
to be a flame but an honest inquiry.