Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , mongke
wrote:

Hello all

Today I got flashed some three times while practicing. Bad timing when
pulling down the helmet. Just a fraction of second each and no lasting
discomfort. Are there long term effects to be feared? BTW, I use contact
lenses.

No real harm done.
If your eyes start feeling warm then you really got flashed, and will
be in serious pain the next day.

It is very rare for one arc incedent to cause permanent damage.

I've been practicing with 6011. I find this rod harder to start than
6013. I have noticed that the arc seems to starts better and is more
stable when the coating is toasted (as a result of stickups). Of course
when the coating gets charred the rod loves to get stuck and when arcing
produces hege globs of molten metal! Comments?

Thanks in advance

6011...hard to start...Huh?

It sounds like your amperage is too low.