AL

Recently, I haven't seen a drill press that wasn't made in China. Jet used
to be made in Taiwan, but they switched to a factory located in China.

I've been very happy with my made in China drill presses from Harbor Freight
and Grizzly.

I was at Lowes over the weekend and picked up a Delta cast iron belt/disc
sander for $60 and a portable dust collect for $90. I plan on using the
dust collector to vent welding fumes.

Lowes has several 6 and 8 inch bench grinders on sale. They also have a
sharpener for $20. I wonder if this sharpener can be used for tig
electrodes.

"Stephen" wrote in message
Lowes is having a closeout sale on the delta DP400 drill press. Their
normal price for this drill press is $300 closeout price is $230. This is

nice machine. 16.5 inch swing, 5/8 chuck on a #2 Morse Taper, 12 speeds,
3/4 HP and a work light. I just got the machine unpacked and assembled

and
drilled some half-inch holes in holes in half inch thick steel. Operation
was very smooth. The machine is made in China but the fit and finish on

all
the machined surfaces seems to be of first rate quality. My local Lowes
(Vestal NY) had 3 machines available, I don't know how many stores will

have
the closeout model available.

Scp