Michael Mcneil

"Mark S." wrote in message

However they picked the cheap option I presume because the cowboys
didn't remove the previous render (original I think) so it's blown all
over the place. It's worst on the rear wall.
However this crappy weather has forced a big sheet off (4 x 6)
How important is this render in the first place?
I ask because the house isn't running with damp. The walls aren't running
with it etc.

Given that it's solid concrete construction (foot thick) what's the
render actually doing?

Your walls are 12" solid concrete?

Beats me. The first layer must have started weathering so they cowboyed
it for a quick sale by the sound of it. Sounds like a few days with a
Kango are looming. Then a week with a plastering float or some
panelling.