John Moorhead

Default Semi OT?? TurboCAD v10 installation error message

Folks -

I know we've got some techies out here and I am HOPING for some help....

I just purchased and installed TurboCAD Deluxe v10 (As recommended by
American Woodworker, current issue) and upon trying to start the program for
the first time I get the following message "Error while unpacking program,
code E. Please report to author" Of course, there's nothing about error
messages or known issues in the help file, so... and I get this message
using either the shortcut on the desktop or through Startprograms. I have
installed and uninstalled the v10 itself, the suite of programs, rebooted,
tried installing from Startrun to no avail. I am running win 98se with
plenty of ram and disc space.

After failing at this installation, I tried to install it on my wifes Win XP
laptop - no trouble at all. It did as for the product activation code,
which DIDN'T happen on the WIN 98se computer. What gives...This is
SERIOUSLY frustrating... Well, you know the drill.... when you DON'T have
time for COMPUTER trouble, there it is. HELP!

John