David Hearn

Default Homebase & B&Q own-brand tools

Peter wrote:
Anyone got any experience with either of these?

Peter

Well, I bought a £40 PPower 14v cordless drill from B&Q in Jan 03 and I've
been VERY pleased with it. The £30 version didn't have variable speed
trigger (either on or off at 'screw' speed or 'drill' speed depending on
switch) and had a 3-5 hour charger, so I bought the £40 version and didn't
get all the drills/bits that came with the £30 option.

It might have poor batteries - I don't know. Mine stay charged for weeks
and always ready for whatever job I've given it when I take it out again.
Okay, it may not be used for 2/3 weeks at a time - so the usage isn't
heavy - but for my jobs - I've never regretted buying it - its been
wonderful!

That's my experience.

David