Mark S.

Default External render question

The turnips that owned my house had it rendered with the usual pebble
dash type stuff at some point.

However they picked the cheep option I presume because the cowboys
didn't remove the previous render (original I think) so it's blown all
over the place. It's worst on the rear wall.

Bits have lifted off and fallen off over the past two years but I've
other things to do so I've just left it be and swept up when it falls
off.

However this crappy weather has forced a big sheet off (4 x 6) at a
guess which was on the floor when I went round tonight so that's now
bagged up to go to the tip Saturday.
History lesson over. ;-)

How important is this render in the first place?

I ask because the house isn't running with damp (ok it's "damp" a bit
but there's no central heating as such). The walls aren't running
with it etc.

Given that it's solid concrete construction (foot thick) what's the
render actually doing?

Mark S.