Charlie Self

Doug WInterburn writes:

Age of 34 in 1941. Niven was 31 at the same time. He found time to make
two movies while serving during the war. Fairbanks Jr was 31 on Pearl
Harbor day. He served in the Navy. If either earned any medals, they
apparently didn't feel the need to advertise the fact.

And what relevance do medals have to serving? I know a bunch of good combat
Marines who never got any medals who got nothing but PUCs and Good Conduct
ribbons.

Speaking of age, Clark Gable, who served on bombers, was born in 1901. Gives
him a leg up on super patriot doesn't it?

The military has it's own set of awards/medals. The congressional Gold
Medal is isn't one of them.

No ****. My point, exactly.

Again, I think you have it backwards - Viet Nam wasn't real popular and
being a supporter wasn't eith

No, but I'd bet few of the antiwar protestors were apt to take a shot at Mr.
Morrison.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary