BillR

Default henly blocks with seals

Mark wrote:
I have a couple of henley blocks on my incoming electrics board
located after the meter. The henley blocks have seals on them. (The
incoming electrics run through the meter, through henley blocks to the
CU)
I need to change my consumer unit, so I would like to open the henly
blocks up and connect the new CU tails.

Is it illegal to open these seals even though they are placed after
the meter?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards

Mark Wilmott

Just cut them off and chuck 'em away.
I had just this situation a week or two ago. Took seals off henley block
after meter and on the main fuse before it.
I then changed the CU. However I noticed the elec company's short cable from
the incoming cable to main fuse had perished insulation.
So I called them out to replace it. When they came they made no mention of
the seals being removed.
Neither did the meter reader