On 19 Aug 2004 11:50:38 -0700, someone wrote:

Any help would be appreciated.

You are entitled to have it the way it was contracted. (BTW - Do you
have a fixed price or a cost plus contract?) But you can't have it
both ways. You cannot have what you wanted AND have everybody 'happy'
with you AND have no delays. You need to put your foot down
immediately and **** everybody off, or else you have "ratified" what
they did and you are now stuck with it.

If you cannot stomach delays then you have boxed yourself into a
corner and they can hold the job hostage by saying anything you want
different will cause a delay.

If you cannot stomach ****ing people off then you are a wimp and might
as well throw in the towel now. I repeat, the sooner this is
recitified the better it is, if that is what you insist on.

I was originally an architect and then a commercial sub on
multi-million dollar high quality institutional and commercial jobs
(think college building or corporate HQ). It amazes me the way
homeowners, who are the one paying the bill, get walked on by their
contractors. But then again it amazes me that home contractor can put
up with the ignorant hysteria and nickel dime cheapness of homeowners.
Commercial/institutional jobs, the ownesr knows what they want and are
willing to pay the price to get it, but it damn well better be per the
plans and specs or its coming out.

Mr. Homeowner, what are you willing to do?