Ken Moon

"mikes News" wrote in message
Thank you!

I tried out the lathe yesterday on a small bowl... the biggest drawback
about the lathe is as you guessed... the tool rest.... I thought about
buying an aftermarket tool rest I found on the woodcraft web page... its
expensive but has lots of accessories available... what do you folks
think...
Perhaps as you suggested I could have this banjo reamed out to accept

these
accessories and tool rest?

There are several companies, as well a some individuals on this news group,
that offer replacement/upgrade toolrests. A Google search of this NG will
get you to some sources. I remember 2 here, Art Ransom and James R. Johnson,
who do toolrests.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX