Ron K

Default ViewSonic EA771 Monitor TVI Problem

I have a ViewSonic EA771 monitor which is generating TVI (TV
interference) throughout the house. It shows up as horizontal lines,
mostly on channel 6 (we don't have cable).

I called Viewsonic, and they told me to put a metal box over the
monitor...Yea! like that's really going to happen! I did try to shield
the monitor with aluminum foil, but that didn't help. I also bought an
RFI filter from Radio Shack, and used RFI/surge surpressors on the AC
lines, without success. When the monitor's video high voltage is
removed (blank, dark screen) the TVI goes away.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Ron K