N. Thornton

Default fencing repair & maintenance

"May" wrote in message ...
Re featheredge fencing: In the garden I've noticed a couple of low down
bits of wood (approx 30cm high x 7cm wide) which have nearly separated from
the main pieces, in the shape of the grain. (Could be that the fence got
kicked - I don't know). 1. What's the neatest method of repair? 2. How
often should the fence be painted and 3.what's the longest-lasting and
nicest coating to use? (I know they come in all shades these days, but I'll
probably keep to real wood colours.)

tia

Hi

You can have cheap, quality, long lasting and no fake colours all in
one. A 50/50 mix of engine oil and paraffin or diesel. New oil is
clear, used stuff is dark.

Regards, NT