dteckie

Mark & Juanita wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:29:26 GMT, wrote:

Great info everyone.

I wasn't wanting to spend a lot of money, just enough so I give my wift
(finicial advisor) an idea of what I am planning to build. I'm an
electrical engineer and I know that doing this 3D work first will be time
consuming and I am sure I will agree with you Lowell but like I said
earlier, this is just something I'm going to have to learn myself.

As a fellow EE, I can assure you that using 3D CAD tools is much more
time consuming than generating system models using tools like Matlab or
solving problems using Maple.

I have been using TurboCad for 3D drawing and have found it useful. The
3D aspect is helpful in making sure that the design is rational. It is
time-consuming however.

I am going to pick up a copy of Workbench Magazine. thanks Mike.

I've used IronCad but (years ago), I thought it was tailored for sheetmetal
work. What do I know, I might check it out again since I see a possible use
now.

Thanks again everyone

Steve
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Steve Blake wrote:

I am presently a New-be and I'm looking for a nice 3D software package

for
new projects. I know you seasoned chippers will just say "Just Do IT".

know but I have to learn for myself. Please advise.

Question--how much do you want to spend? You can get a fairly

well-equipped
shop for the price of a copy of a good 3D CAD program.

Thanks
Steve

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Well 3 out of 3 EE's agree. As an EE I also agree that using a CAD is
somewaht useful but very time consuming. I've tried Turbocad but found
each time I use it I need to retrain myself. Obviously I don't use it
much.