TURTLE

"RSMEINER" wrote in message
We need to remove an old 195? chest freezer from the basement of
a house. Heavy sucker. The basement was finished some time after
the freezer was in place. Big freezer, small doors. So, I need to cut
the freezer up to get it out of there.

So the question is, can I use my recipricating saw with a metal blade ?
How tough will this be ? Yes, the freezer is unplugged.

Thanks

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner

This is Turtle.

It should be able to be cut up pretty easily but use a good Bi-Metal cutting
blade and don't use a wood or hack saw blade in it. The Bi-Metal cutting blade
cuts ruff but fast. The Small tooth blades will take too long to cut it up. Now
when you start cutting it up. look out for a small amount of oil which maybe in
the freon lines in the walls of the box. Have it where if some leaks it will not
mess up anything. Now keep the compressor up right most of the time if you can
for there is about 8 to 20 ounces of oil in the compressor to leak out if you
turn it up side down and cut the lines. I would unbolt or disconnect the
mounting bracket to remove the compressor first to take the compressor out to
keep the oil from getting everywhere. Haul it out first and then you can turn it
anyway you want to chop it up. It should take about 30 minutes to a hour to chop
it up with a recept saw and about 2 good blades.

Happy Chopping here.

TURTLE

---