On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:26:44 GMT, Kevin Craig
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:18:21 -0400, "G.E.R.R.Y."
wrote:

There is *NOTHING* you can do on a PC that you cannot do on a Mac.

run autocad?

There's no reason to. Superior products are available for MacOS, like
Vectorworks. Autocad tags are largely supported, as I understand it;
it's been a couple of years since I did the comparisons.

The success of Autocad is one of those mysteries parallel to the
success of Microsoft, Novell, and others: "Wow, I have to hire THREE
more geeks to run this, so it must be better!"

Autodesk isn't in the software business; they're in the upgrade and
support business. They charge an arm and a leg for the product, then
four arms and six legs for the support (which really isn't optional).
Not to mention several testicles for specialized libraries. It's one
helluva business model!

But unless Autocad requires a hardware dongle, there's no reason you
can't run it on a Mac. VirtualPC handles Windoze programs nicely,
albeit much slower than on native hardware, or Mac equivalents on Apple
hardware.

Kevin

the virtual video card apple uses for it's virtual machine to run
windows on really sucks. why would I want to buy an overpriced mac to
poorly emulate windows on when I can build my own PC that will stomp
the pants off of it for a fraction of the price?