Tom Kohlman

....guess both sides (EPA, Washington Post, S Yellow Pine Assn, Philip
Morris.com) all come down to the same thing...in the order of truthfulness,
most true is the lie, lesser true is the damn lie, bottom of the cesspool is
the statistic. You can make them read to support whatever your end goal is.

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message

I'll disagree...inasmuch as the "old" treated lumber was used for

years
without any adverse health effects that I have ever seen documented,

it
only
lost favor because of our EPA stepping in with their typical
"chicken-little" thing...check with the southern yellow-pine

association
web-site if you want more info on the debate...

Maybe you need to look harder. The Washington Post cited a study in

which
children who frequently played on PT decks, etc, had a many times

higher
incidence of childhood leukemia and other types of cancers.

Replicated study published in a peer-reviewed journal? If not then it's
automatically suspect.

You'll also find the the EPA under Bush has played quite a few games

with
the wording of regulations, and have eviscerated a lot of the teeth in
regs.

And the info from the So. Yellow Pine Assoc is good? Isn't that like the
"dangers of smoking" on phillipmorris.com ?