Emmo

Thanx to all responders. Since I didn't even know that the right word was
embossing, I really needed all the help.

I especially appreciate the wide range of answers, from 'here is a machine
on ebay' to 'here's how to do it in your shop' to 'do it differently'.

At this point, I think I am going to screen print the static info onto a 2"
x 5" tag, leaving open areas for the numbers, my model being a nameplate on
a motor or pump. A big reason for this is that this allows me to dress up
the tag with a logo, red ink, and so on.

I'm now off to find the basic kit for screen printing... How much ink will
I need to cover 2000 sq in. I wonder ?

Thanx again