Minnie Bannister

When we were in NY, we had a new water heater installed by HD (well,
actually by one of their contractors). There was no sales tax on the
heater or the labor, but we had to sign a form to be sent to some govt.
body or other. Perhaps that would then affect the valuation of the
property at some point.

Perhaps some states deal with all property repairs/improvements that way?

MB

On 08/18/04 06:13 pm put fingers to keyboard and
launched the following message into cyberspace:

Is there any sales tax on the Vinyl replacement windows? Some
companies told me that there is one. But others say no and the price
for the windows should be everything. For example, if the price for 10
windows is $4k, it's 4k not 4k + sales tax. Which one is right?