Joseph Meehan

Is there any sales tax on the Vinyl replacement windows? Some
companies told me that there is one. But others say no and the price
for the windows should be everything. For example, if the price for 10
windows is $4k, it's 4k not 4k + sales tax. Which one is right?

Thanks!

It would depend on the Country and or local subdivision. In the US
there are 50 different states plus DC. Each has its own laws. Check with
your local sales tax office. They won't bite, at least when I worked for a
State tax department we did not. :-)

There may be some question about who may pay the tax if there is one.
For example it may be different if you buy the windows for the contractor
and then the contractor puts them up, or if you pay for the finished
product. Simple questions like this can get complex.

Good Luck

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math