On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:50:19 -0600, Rusty wrote:

I recently bought the RCA RP3710A Alarm Clock radio. The problem with
it is that it randomly gains time. Never loses time. What I mean is
that it might run fine for 15 hours with the time right on to the
second and then boom, it gains a random amount of time. It might only
be 1 hour or 24+ hours before it happens. Today it kept the right time
for about 6 hours and then it gained 4 minutes. Then for the next 8
hours it kept that 4 minute difference and checking it just now, it
gained another 2 minutes.

snip

I have a Magnavox clock radio with battery backup. Every time I lose
power to the house, the clock radio gains between 3-5 minutes. I don't
know if this info helps at all.