TDUP

The trouble with a big crosscut sled is that they are heavy and you can't
cut a very wide board without the sled falling off the front of the saw. If
you make one that runs in the left miter slot and has the fence only in the
back you can cut a very wide board without the sled falling off the table.
You can make it zero clearance so you always know where your cut will fall.
You also don't have to remove your guards when you use it.

Tim

"Marshall Dugger III" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a Craftsman's Tablesaw, circa 1950, and want to build a full size
(use both miter slots) crosscut sled for it. The tabletop measures 21" W

27" D. I intend to make it 24" deep but was wondering if there is a "rule
of thumb" for the width? Thanks for any advice.

yos,
Marshall