Morris Dovey

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:25:08 -0400, "Norman D. Crow"
calmly ranted:

"Depends", says the old farm kid who was subjected to the
indignation of electric fences on numerous occasions.

"Depends" are what you need after trying out an electric fence
that way? I thought so and was too smart to take the dare
every time.

Either way, makes for a good joke, but YOU try it, I'll
pass.

Some time back in Minnesota a neighbor asked for help putting up
his hay. Being a dumb computer geek who didn't know just how out
of condition I was, I said: "Sure."

By noon my hands were raw and my eyes were burning. We piled off
in the yard by the barn; and I found a nice shady spot and a
place where I could lean back to rest a bit while he zipped into
the house. A few minutes later his wife came out with a *big*
tray of tall iced teas - looked at me and started to laugh
almost hysterically. She almost dropped the tray and did manage
to spill a lot of the tea.

When she calmed down she asked (still giggling) how I was holding
up to farm work. Told her I was hot and sweaty but otherwise
doing ok, at which point she disolved into laughter again; but
this time everyone was laughing (except me, 'cause I didn't know
what was so incredibly funny). It was her husband who let me know
that the fence I was draped against was "hot".

I never even noticed.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA