Nova

Poseidon wrote:

I am in the process of constructing a router table using ¾” MDF for
the case and tabletop. The case was completed with little problem or
fanfare. I cut two sections for the top and spread PVA glue over the
surface of one of the panels. I tried to spread the glue evenly with
a spatula and had difficulty spreading it. To further complicate
matters it appeared the MDF was absorbing the glue. I opted to
drizzle glue over the remainder of the piece (about ¼ of the area)
and let gravity help spread the glue. I assumed (big mistake) that
the glue would spread out when weight was applied on top. I stacked
two coolers filled with water on top and placed the cabinet case
atop of that. I then put a couple of boxes of ceramic tile on the
case for good measure. I knew I was in trouble when I saw glue being
squeezed out sporadically around the pieces. After letting it dry 2
days I uncovered the mess. As I feared there is a gap on one side
where the glue did not spread. I now have a new top for my yet to be
built SCM station!

Now I have to do it again. I have thought about using a paint roller
to try to evenly coat the panel. Has anyone tried this method? Any
other ideas? I have considered trying more weight but shy of parking
a car on it, I don’t have a clue what I could use. Again, any
Ideas?

See:

http://www.thewoodworkerschoice.com/...roduct_id=0209

--