Jeff Wisnia

Is there any sales tax on the Vinyl replacement windows? Some
companies told me that there is one. But others say no and the price
for the windows should be everything. For example, if the price for 10
windows is $4k, it's 4k not 4k + sales tax. Which one is right?

Thanks!

If this isn't a troll, I suggest you call the tax people in your state
and ask them. Sales tax laws vary all over the place and here where I am
in Taxachusetts we have some pretty wild ones.

For example, donuts or other "baked goods" at a Dunkin Donuts or Krispy
Kreme type shop are taxed when bought a few at a time, but if you buy
ten or more "similar items" at once, there's no tax due. They're being
sold at the same counter and by the same employees, so go figger. All
that's different is the quantity. What they are collecting is
technically called a "meals tax", but it's at the same 5% rate as the
sales tax on other goods.

I could go on, but won't....

Jeff

--