Upscale

"Conan The Librarian" wrote in message
om...
Wreckers,

I'm working on a (two-piece) hutch for SWMBO, and I've been
considering the options for joining the bottom/frame to the top unit.
(Note: I'm not talking about attaching the flat surface to the base
unit; that's something I always do with glue-blocks.)

It's all going to depend on whether you want to make it so it can be
dismantled or not. Here's a few links to keep the dismantling option if you
want to go that route. I'm sure Lee Valley Tools has more hardware available
that could suit your purpose, but I found these with a five minute search.

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...urrency=1&SID=

Normally used for hanging things, but could be jury rigged for lateral
movement. Orient them properly and it would only come apart if the top part
moved backwards and the chances of it happening would be minimize if the
unit was flush against the wall.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...urrency=1&SID=

Knock down hardware
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...urrency=1&SID=

Metal Biscuits - Pretty innovative actually
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...urrency=1&SID=

Brass Cane Joins - One section would have to be a through bolt
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...urrency=1&SID=