Bruce Bina

Scott wrote in message ...
Bruce,

The Behr semi-transparent stain you used....did it darken the wood much?
(that's what I'm trying to avoid).

Our contractor is mailing us a color sheet showing different stain colors.

I'm still leaning toward a transparent seal, because I just love the natural look.

The Behr Premiun Waterproofer we used darkened the wood a bit. After
powerwashing the wood on our desk was very light, almost appeared
bleached. The stain is the 501, Natural Cedar and looks great.
Sometimes we have seen this stuff get almost red in color, but this
was fine. The best test would be to take a piece of scrap deck wood
and try it and see what you think. There are various shades of the
stuff available.

Hey your home is in a great location and sounds beautiful. Our home
is on the west edge of the city of Minnetonka, almost to Deephaven,
for those of you that care. No lake frontage (how I wish) but lots of
trees, animals, and natural forest.

Bruce