John Rumm

Charles Middleton wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message

I was actually asking the question from a slightly different
viewpoint...

snip

Hi, I planned to get one where the actually motor/fan was situated in the
loft with just the ducting above the shower. I believe that these are safe
to use over showers.

Yes you are right - the ducted ones are OK. I was just checking that the
current wall mounted one was not right over the shower.

I think I'll just replace the current wall one with a new model as I don't
have the guts to get onto the roof!!!

If you position the vent near to the edge of the roof (say 3 or 4 tiles
back) then you can do it all from a ladder without any need to get on
the roof.

Having said that you will probably find the "through wall" one is good
enough. I fitted one of these myself recently. It is in the oposite
corner of the room from the shower, but is still able to clear the
visible steam in a couple of minutes of the shower being turned off. On
humid days like we are having at the moment, it will run on for a couple
of hours after as the humidity comes down though. It is quiet enough to
not be intrusive though. The unit is a 4" one with built in humidistat
that I got from Screwfix.

--
Cheers,

John.