George

Got some polypropylene twine with stainless threads in it this year. Gives
the deer a visual to remind them of the shock the got last time they
touched. Had some asparagus shoot up while I wasn't looking, and blow into
the fence. Got hot enough to melt the white plastic, which leaves only the
wire strands, and looks like I've got gaps.

Bimetal contacts heat, discharge capacitor, repeat.

"Norman D. Crow" wrote in message
Most "fencers" (in my generation)
were set up sort of like an auto ignition. Had a set of points that would
hit every few seconds & send out a shot like a spark plug firing, the

points
would "bounce" away from each other, then slowly return for the next hit.
Figure around 18-20KV hit. These were frequently powered(in remote
locations) by a "Hotshot" 6V battery, 4 of the old fashioned 1.5V dry

cells
all in one case.

Another method, used by my Uncle, was to run a 115V hot lead through a

100W
light bulb, then to the electric fence. You could tell by looking @ the
light bulb in the barn how much grass & brush was leaning on the wire.

When
it got too bright, it was time to go out & mow along the fence line.

Either way, makes for a good joke, but YOU try it, I'll pass.

--
Nahmie