HA HA Budys Here

From: "SQLit"

"Les" wrote in message
I am in process of selling my home. It has a 20 yr old water heater that
has seems to work just fine for me. There is no rust, no leaks, and the
temperature of the water is plenty hot when I need it.

The buyer's home inspector has just indicated that "water heater has

slight
back draft and poor rate of rise" and buyer requests this to be repaired
prior to closing. What is he talking about? How significant is this?
(also costwise) Is it something worthwhile repairing, or should water
heater really be replaced?

--
Have a great day, except you spammers
To email, remove the obvious

"buyer requests this to be repaired"
It is a request. If your feel like you should replace the unit then do so.
You could decide to ignore the request. You could decide to lower your price
a tad.

Becareful of giving in to requests. I sold my home to a couple that was
making requests up until the last minute.

The BS from the inspector is just that. Most are hacks, my experience only.
If it is a code issue then by all means negotiate the issue.

Home inspectors standard, computer generated BS used to help the buyers
negotiate a better price.

At each and every "request" explain: "Yes, we know that and took that into
consideration to arrive at our asking price. Would you like me to fix it and
add those costs to the sale, or would you like to do it more to your probable
likeing after purchase?"