Leon

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Leon responds:

But if the employee indicates to me
that I may be doing something wrong, I will gladly let them go about

their
business. Two weeks ago may wife and I were in a small fishing resort

town
in southern Texas. We were in a large tourist shop when I heard a car
alarm go off just outside the the front doors. I casually walked out the
door to see if it was our car and carried with me some merchandise that

had been looking at. Fifteen feet out the door I realised what I had

done
and promptly got back inside the store. Had an employee called me on

this I
would have been caught red handed. Sometimes mistakes happen that look

as
wrong as wrong can be. Still I would have been guilty.

Of what? Forgetfulness? You weren't stealing the stuff.

No, I was not stealing the stuff but I could sure under stand how an
employee would have viewed it.

Charlie, neither one of us are idiots, ;~), I think that both of us have
valid views perhaps given our back grounds of where we live or have lived.
If I still lived in Corpus Christi where I grew up, I would probably see
things a bit more your way. I do indeed recall seeing things your way.
However now I live in Houston, TX and see things in a completely different
light. I'd say 99% of the people getting chased down are caught red handed
and not for the first time by the same stores.