Lowell Holmes

At Houston Hardwoods, Ash is 1.95/bd.ft, Red Oak #1 common is 1.75/bd.ft,
Poplar $1.80/bd.ft, and #1 common poplar is 1.13/bd.ft. All these prices is
for 4/4 stock. For 50 cents/bd.ft. they will mill it S2S1E.
IIRC, the borg prices for oak and poplar is about 4.00/bd. ft.
I normally buy the wood S2S1E.

I can't imagine buying wood from the borg. :-)

I guess I'll go look for radiata pine.
OBTW, Clark Hardwood Company prices are a little more than HH, but still
much cheaper than the borg.

"ray" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:44:12 -0500, Lowell Holmes wrote:

Well, I do a lot of things backwards, I Googled after I posted the

question.
The OP seemed interested because of price. I'm not sure any imported

wood
will be low priced. Consider the cost of Ponderosa pine at the borg. You

can
buy hardwoods cheaper. (I know, wood from New Mexico is not imported -
except in Texas it is. :-)

In the Houston area, you can buy rough ash about as cheap as any thing,

IIRC
it's less expensive than red oak.

At HD, radiata pine is substantially cheaper than poplar, which is cheaper
than oak.