Ed Sirett

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:26:12 -0700, Chris wrote:

I need to position a gas hob fairly close to a double oven located in
a tower housing(if that's the correct description?)

So the question is, what's the minimum lateral clearance demanded by
the Corgi regs between the hob and the side of the owen housing. And
does this minimum specify the distance to the hob unit (which are the
controls), or to the first burner?

1) What ever the manufacturers state. (Note this will be the minimum
clearance to a combustible surface - i.e. oven housing).
2) Failing (1). 50mm from the edge of the hob unit in every direction for
a height of at least 760mm above the pan supports.

I would have looked this up myself, except that I couldn't find the
full regs anywhere on the web.

The gas regs are online see the gas fitting FAQ.

Are they secret?
Not quite.
Or perhaps no-one has
thought of posting them?

The problem is that the devil is in the details and the details are the
various BS normative docs. published by the BSI who want money for them.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk