Jerry Built

alterego wrote:
Thanks all for replies. Lapping the joint isn't really a practical
option because of the complexity of the shape which runs in three
dimensions. Leadmate is an option and I've already ordered some but
will try soldering first. Practice is obviously the key so I'll
have a go with my small gas blowlamp and see what sort of mess I
can make of it.

A big mess, with a blow-lamp - you will get on better with a
soldering iron, if you can get one to fit your lamp. If not,
a chunk of brass, or bog copper soldering iron that you heat
up, or a big electric soldering iron will bne better. You
need a *small* but hot flame for lead work.

J.B.