Jerry G.

Check for high ESR caps in the power supply, and servo drive section for the
motor. It is also possible that the motor itself is defective, or there is a
grounding problem somewhere.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"RadoFlexr" wrote in message
I have a Sony SLV-D300P dvd player / vcr combo that has DVD motor noise in
the audio. It is about -45dB and only in the DVD mode while the DVD platter
motor is running. Does anyone want to suggest a starting point to identify
the source of the problem? I suspect a grounding problem - motor - circuit
board - whatever. Any ideas or experience with similar problems.

The noise is not 60Hz hum. The noise is a (aprox 10 pulses per second)
repetitive soft pulse with a faint background growl.

It seldom sounds good with the DVDs I play.

Just thought I'd ask.

Please reply to group or to

Bill