Charlie Self

Leon writes:

What ever happened to the concept of the punishment fitting the crime?
And who made the rent-a-cops the judge? I am all for damn strict laws
to suppress crime, but this is taking it too far. It would be akin to
being pistol whipped by a cop for speeding. Just my opinion....

Again, if you run and disobey, you stand the chance of being treated with
less "respect". If you simply speed and the cop pulls you out of the car
and beats you, then he is at fault. If you ignored his lights and siren and
made him chase you, well can you blain him? Nothing like taunting a
policeman to test your rights.

You guys crack me up. You're not writing about cops here. You're writing about
rentacops and clerks. These people have no authority--except maybe in Arizona,
yet you're ceding them control over a part of your life.

Good bless the modern Conservative. Freedom? Give it away. It's a nuisance and
messy and inconvenient.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary