On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:29:26 GMT, wrote:

Great info everyone.

I wasn't wanting to spend a lot of money, just enough so I give my wift
(finicial advisor) an idea of what I am planning to build. I'm an
electrical engineer and I know that doing this 3D work first will be time
consuming and I am sure I will agree with you Lowell but like I said
earlier, this is just something I'm going to have to learn myself.

I am going to pick up a copy of Workbench Magazine. thanks Mike.

I've used IronCad but (years ago), I thought it was tailored for sheetmetal
work. What do I know, I might check it out again since I see a possible use
now.

Thanks again everyone

Steve

if you have some cad background you might want to look at intellicad.
it's an autocad clone, more or less. the basic license is $150.
http://www.cadopia.com/