ray

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:44:12 -0500, Lowell Holmes wrote:

Well, I do a lot of things backwards, I Googled after I posted the question.
The OP seemed interested because of price. I'm not sure any imported wood
will be low priced. Consider the cost of Ponderosa pine at the borg. You can
buy hardwoods cheaper. (I know, wood from New Mexico is not imported -
except in Texas it is. :-)

In the Houston area, you can buy rough ash about as cheap as any thing, IIRC
it's less expensive than red oak.

At HD, radiata pine is substantially cheaper than poplar, which is cheaper
than oak.