CW

Of what I heard, his top pick was Designcad. Price had a lot to do with it.
Designcad is IMSI's low end program. I use IMSI's high end myself, Turbocad.
The first thing you have to ask yourself is, "am I willing to put that much
time and effort into learning CAD". I have taught CAD to a number of people
and would say, on average, it will take somewhere along the line of 40 hours
practice to become reasonably productive.
According to a study done by Boeing Aircraft, 1/3 of the population would
never grasp 3D, 1/3 could be trained to do it and 1/3 would do well. Were do
you fit?
"Mike in Mystic" wrote in message
there is a nice review of various CAD programs as they relate to

woodworking
project design/planning in the latest Workbench magazine. I don't have it
in front of me, but IIRC DeltaCad received kudos for ease of use, but
something like 3D Cad Max or something like that was the author's

favorite.

Mike

"Steve Blake" wrote in message

I am presently a New-be and I'm looking for a nice 3D software package

for
new projects. I know you seasoned chippers will just say "Just Do IT".

know but I have to learn for myself. Please advise.

Thanks
Steve