Rileyesi

I am marking a bunch of trees with some aluminum "dog tags" with three or
four lines of words (all the same) and a unique number.

Another solution would be to print the labels using a laser printer and special
label paper. Look at www.rippedsheets.com (no, it's not a dirty site! The
ripped sheets phrase is the act of cutting label cut outs onto a 8-1/2 x 11
sheet of label paper). I use one of their products to make nameplate on our
equipment that is left outdoors. They have a label that was designed to be put
on 55 gallon drums of waste material left out in the weather. I don't have the
specific product number with me now, but if you can't find it after contacting
them, let me know and I will look up the number.

If this seems OK to you, then all you have to do is print up your labels with
incremental numbers and then apply the stickers to your dog tags and forget
about stamping them.

Hope this helps.