Mark L.

What if the guards were mistaken????

Leon wrote:

"Bob Schmall" wrote in message

Is this what they call "compassionate conservatism?" That someone stealing
deserves to die? Why not just cut off his hand as they do in less

civilized

countries?

This isn't an eye for an eye--this is a life for an eye, and that's not
right. The guy deserved a trial and conviction within a legal system, not
execution by a $8 an hour civilian. When we start allowing vigilante

justice

we are well down the road to barbarism.

Well I think that the penalty in this case was harsh also. I also do not
believe that the security guards intended to kill the thief. But. he was
totally in the wrong and should not have been in this situation to start
with. He was totally responsible for what happened. He had no one else to
blame but him self. This guy could have easily have pulled a gun and shot
at the security guards. IMHO if you are chasing a thief you have to assume
that he may try to do you harm to keep from getting caught.